Immigrants and Refugees
We Welcome Immigrants and Refugees.
Advocacy Resources: Below are resources focused on advocacy!
Faith in ACTION: Ways to Act Now
Vigil for Dignity and Justice for Immigrant Women: Together with CRECEN Mujer, Trinity is hosting this small vigil for dignity and justice for the immigrant women forcible sterilized in the ICE detention centers. Masks and social distancing required. Bring a candle if you have one. This vigil will be held Friday, September 25, 2020 from 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. at Trinity Episcopal Church.
Walking with Asylum Seekers: In the month of October, join EMM, in partnership with the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA) and Lutheran Family Services of the Rocky Mountains (LFSRM), for a three-part training series for congregations interested in supporting and walking alongside asylum seekers. Register HERE.
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers: Houston Volunteer Lawyers is the pro bono legal aid arm of the Houston Bar Association.
- List of Pro Bono Legal Service Providers- Updated July 2020
- Lone Star Legal Aid: Lone Star Legal Aid’s mission is to protect and advance the civil legal rights of the millions of Texans living in poverty in its 76 county service area by providing free advocacy, legal representation, and community education that ensures equal access to justice.
- Houston Immigration Legal Services Collaborative: We advocate for immigrant inclusion, equity, and justice by uniting and strengthening diverse allies, developing holistic immigration legal services, and supporting creative initiatives through principled, values-based collaboration.
- The Immigration Clinic at the University of Houston Law Center: The Immigration Clinic at the University of Houston Law Center specializes in handling applications for asylum on behalf of victims of torture and persecution, in representing immigrants who have been the victims of domestic violence, human trafficking and crime, and children and those fleeing civil war, genocide or political repression. Students also give presentations to outside organizations that deal with Immigrant Issues and give individual assistance to immigrants held in immigration detention centers.
- South Texas College of Law- Immigration Clinic: Represent clients in a wide array of immigration matters, ranging from adjustment of status to lawful permanent residence and pathways to citizenship. Our advanced immigration clinic focuses on deportation defense cases.
- KIND- Kids In Need of Defense: Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) is the leading national organization advocating for the rights of unaccompanied migrant and refugee children in the U.S.